Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Why write?

Because everything I write is about me. I find myself in each line, in each verse I write. I am there. My past, my fears, my uncertain present, my constant pain, my scars.

The characters that inhabit my fiction are all part of me, all different faces of who I am: the strong person who's gonna take over the world, the frightened girl who cannot seem to find a way out of this dark sadness, the man who lost everything but fights back, the man who has it all and cannot be happy.

It's always me behind them, they all borrow my voice to talk, to scream and to cry. They all borrow my feelings and I borrow theirs. I borrow, and steal their voices for saying the things I cannot say, I don't dare to say. They give me a safe place, their world is my refuge from a world (Laura's world) I sometimes find too cold, too difficult to inhabit.

This is simply the reason why I write!

1 comment:

  1. Y a mi me encanta que escribas, creo que cuando escribimos creo que nos hacemos más reales, que cogemos más peso, que hay algo terepútico en lo que dejamos sobre el papel y lo que tomamos del papel. A mí sabes que me encanta leerte :)

    ReplyDelete